Covid Update – 29 June 2021
In follow up to the snap 4 day lockdown in Perth and Peel, the Australian Dental Association of WA has introduced level 4 restriction on dental procedures from Tuesday 29th of June to Friday 2nd July 2021.
In summary, we are only able to perform emergency and urgent dental treatment that does not produce aerosols (anything with a drill).
For those of you with appointments this week we will be in touch over the next day or two to rearrange them, however due to the uncertainty with how quickly the restrictions will be lifted, we may be forced to rearrange them again next week.
Following government guidelines, we are now under Lockdown in Perth. This stops us from doing anything other than emergency work that cannot reasonably be delayed (for the foreseeable future). This is to protect both our patients and staff member’s health. As such, the practice will be closed to walk-ins and other non emergency treatment.
If you have a dental emergency, please call us during business hours on (08) 9381 3806 to make a booking.
What Procedures Can We Currently Perform?
For the time being, we can only perform dental treatments that do not generate aerosols, or where treatments generating aerosols are limited to:
- Management of patients with acute dental pain e.g. endodontic treatment under rubber dam, or extraction
- Management of significantly damaged upper front teeth (e.g. due to trauma, with restorative treatment provided under rubber dam
- Soft tissue pathology e.g. ulcers
- Management of complex medically compromised patients with dental concerns which may compromise their systemic disease
- Management of those at a higher risk of rapid progression of dental disease due to socioeconomic or cultural factors
- Management of patients referred by a medical practitioner for medically necessary dental care
What Procedures Can We NOT Currently Perform?
We must defer all routine examinations and dental treatments for patients not fitting the risk categories identified above. The following concerns must wait to be addressed:
- Extractions of asymptomatic teeth without swelling
- Broken or chipped tooth or teeth
- Bleeding or sore gums
- Crowns and bridges
- Scale and clean
- Denture concerns
- Loose teeth without aspiration risk
- Clicking or grating in the jaw joint
We’re Here to Help
Please do not worry, as we will still be contactable by phone on (08) 9381 3806, and via email at email@example.com. Additionally, you can contact us through any of our social media channels should you have any dental problems. We can advise and assist remotely, if possible in certain circumstances.
If you have an appointment currently booked with us, we will be contacting you as your appointment approaches to reschedule.
The health, safety, and well-being of our staff, patients and community is our top priority. We are following advice from the World Health Organisation (WHO), the Australian government, and the Australian Dental Association (ADA) in regards to the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19).
If any of you (or anyone you know) is isolated at home and doesn’t have anyone to help (with groceries etc.), please reach out to us. We would like to do all we can to help our wonderful patients and community through this difficult time.
Thank you for your support in keeping everyone safe and try to stay positive, this won’t last forever!
Best wishes to all,
The team at 123 Dental